How to create vici dial campaign.Create your VICI Dial Campaign in 5 minutes.
Continue further to get to know how to create a vici dial campaign. PIECE OF CAKE.
Create a campaign, load leads, add a list, add users and start dialing.
1. Click on the CAMPAIGNS link at the top of the page to get to the CAMPAIGNS section and click on the ADD A NEW CAMPAIGN link
2. We will set the fields in the ADD A NEW CAMPAIGN form to the following values :
Campaign ID: TESTCAMP
Campaign Name: Test campaign for ViciDial
(we will leave park extension, park filename and web form blank for this tutorial)
Allow Closers: Y
Hopper Level: 5
Dial Method: MANUAL
Auto Dial Level: 0
Next Agent Call: oldest call finish
Local Call Time: 9am-9pm
(we will also leave voicemail, script and get_call_launch blank for this tutorial, there is a detailed explanation of all fields in the VICIDIAL CAMPAIGNS section of this manual)
3. Click submit to create this new campaign
4. Now that the campaign TESTCAMP has been created, you can see the Detail View of the Campaign Modification screen with many more options that can be set for the campaign. We will leave everything in default settings and move on to load leads.
5. To get to the lead loading page, click on the LISTS link at the top of the screen to get to the LISTS section, then click on the LOAD NEW LEADS link to get to the basic lead loader. From here you can import leads in the basic text pipe-delimited or tab-delimited format, a CSV file or a simple Excel spreadsheet. For this tutorial we will use the default tab-delimited text file.
NOTES: For the web-based lead loader,
a tab-delimited or pipe delimited text file must end with “.txt”,
a CSV(Comma Separated Values) file must end with “.csv” and
an Excel file must end with“.xls”.
If you are loading a lead file that has commas in the fields, or you are having issues loading a CSV file, then you should try formatting the file as a Tab-delimited .txt file.
6. The format of this lead file is :
1. Vendor Lead Code - shows up in the Vendor ID field of the GUI
2. Source Code - internal use only for system and database administrators
3. List ID - the list number that these leads will show up under
4. Phone Code - the country code prefix - 1 for US, 44 for UK, 61 for AUS,etc
5. Phone Number - at least 7 digits long and no more than 16 digits long.
6. Title - title of the customer - Mr. Ms. Mrs, etc...
7. First Name
8. Middle Initial
9. Last Name
10. Address Line 1
11. Address Line 2
12. Address Line 3
14. State - limited to 2 characters
16. Postal Code
19. Date of Birth
20. Alternate Phone Number
21. Email Address
22. Security Phrase
Here is an actual record from the test lead file packaged with the ViciDial release (test_ViciDial_lead_file.txt):
100001|10001|107|1|7275551213|MR|JOHN|Q|PUBLIC|249 MUNDON ROAD|MALDON|FL||||33709|
It is very important that you make sure every record has a list ID(third field) or that you enter a list ID number into the “list ID override” field on the lead loader page because you will not be able to dial the leads if the records are not associated with a list ID.
7. Click on the “Browse” button on the lead import page and select the file to import on your computer then click submit.
8. If you want to load all of the leads into the same list_id, or you did not put a list_id into your lead file, then you should enter your list_id number into the List ID Override field
9. If you want to load all of the leads with the same phone_code or you did not put a phone_codes into your lead file, then you should enter the phone_code in the Phone Code Override Field. In the USA and Canada this field should be 1. The phone_code field is required for ViciDial to work properly.
10. If you are using the standard ViciDial field order as mentioned above, then you should select the “Standard ViciDial” file layout option. If you need to map the fields before importing the leads then you should select the “Custom Layout” option.
11. If you would like the lead-loader to check for and remove duplicate records as it is loading, then select the “CHECK FOR DUPLICATES BY PHONE IN LIST ID” option in the Lead Duplicate Check menu.
NOTE: If you are loading a large number of leads(tens of thousands or more in a single file), then using a duplicate check will significantly slow down the loading of your leads through the web-based lead loader. If you need to do a duplicate check on a large number of leads then you should consider using the Command-Line lead loader or setting up an FTP lead loader drop box.
12. If you are loading leads for the USA and you have zip codes in your lead file, you have the option of selecting the “POSTAL CODE FIRST” option in the Lead Timezone Lookup menu. Using this option will give you more accurate time zone coding of your lead file than just using area code to determine timezone.
13. If the leads loaded properly you will see a count of the number of leads imported in a green font at the bottom of the page.
14. Now click the BACK TO ADMIN link to get back to the administration screen, then click the LISTS link to go to the LISTS section
15. You now need to add the list for the leads that you just imported so click on the ADD A NEW LIST link.
16. For this tutorial we will fill in the following add list fields with these values :
List ID: 107
List Name: test list
Campaign: TESTCAMP Active: Y
17. Then click submit, you should now see the stats of the list at the bottom of the screen and the number of leads you loaded should appear as a status of NEW.
18. Now that you have successfully imported leads, you need to create a vicidial user group to put your agents into. Click on the USER GROUPS link at the top of the screen to get to the User Groups section, then click on the ADD A NEW USER GROUP link to get to the new user group form page.
19. For this tutorial we will fill in the following add user group fields with these values :
Description: ViciDial AGENTS
20. Then click submit to add the user group and you will see the full modify-user-group screen. For this tutorial we will leave the “Allowed Campaigns” section with only ALL CAMPAIGNS checked.
21. Now that you have successfully created an agent user group, you need to create some ViciDial user accounts to allow agents to login to the ViciDial client application and place calls. Click on the USERS link to get to the Users section, then click on the ADD A NEW USER link to get to the new user form page.
22. For this tutorial we will fill in the following add user fields with these values :
User Number: 7777
Full Name: test agent
User Level: 1
User Group: AGENTS
(we will leave phone login and phone password blank for this tutorial)
23. Then click submit to add the user and you will see the full modify-user screen. For this tutorial we will leave the rest of the fields at their default values.
24. Now that we have users added, we need to check that there are leads to dial in the hopper for the campaign. Go to the CAMPAIGNS screen and click on the link to the TESTCAMP campaign modification screen.
25. Toward the bottom of the screen you should see a count of leads in the hopper. If there are no leads in the hopper, something is either wrong with the leads you loaded or there is something wrong with your hopper loading script and you should contact your system administrator.
26. Now that you have leads in the hopper, you should have your agent log into the ViciDial client application: http://server-address/agc/vicidial.php
If the phones are always going to be assigned to a specific computer you may want to create a bookmark or shortcut for the vicidial.php login screen with a pre-populated phone login. To do this just use “pl” and “pp” for the phone_login and phone_password fields:
27. On the vicidial.php agent login screen you will need to enter in the phone login and phone password for the phone that the agent will be using(you should have a list of the phone login and password for each of your stations from your system administrator) then click submit.
NOTE: if you need to set up a phone on your system, see Tutorial A above
28. You will then need to enter in your username(7777) and password (1234) and select your campaign (TESTCAMP) then click submit.
29. You should now be logged in as agent 7777 and your phone should ring to place you into the ViciDial session
30. Since the campaign is set to a dial level of zero (0) you are in manual dial mode and will need to click the DIAL NEXT NUMBER button to call your first customer.
31. The customer's information should now appear and you will hear the call ringing.
32. When you are done with the call, click on the HANGUP CUSTOMER button to get to the Disposition screen and then pick a disposition to terminate the call as.
33. After placing a live call you can now click on the LOGOUT link in the top right corner of your ViciDial client page to properly log out of the system. At this time your phone connection should be hung-up.
34. Go to the LIST modification screen back in the administration web page for the list you dialed on to see the status counts changed and there should now be a lead that has the status you selected when you dispositioned your test call.
NOTES: After you call through a list once, you need to reset the list in the list modification screen before those leads can be called again(To reset a list, go the the List Modification screen, change the “Reset Lead-Called-Status for this list” pulldown menu to Y, then click submit). The exception to this would be if you have enabled List Recycling within the campaign, which allows you to attempt some leads more than just once before resetting the list. Resetting a list will NOT automatically dial all of the leads again, only the leads that match the dial statuses that you define in the campaign screen will be dialed the second time. Then to dial the leads a third time, you must reset the list again.